Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend.

After a tough couple of weeks in school, I was SOO ready to go home and enjoy the company of my parents, a trip to the lake, and seeing some friends! I arrived home late thursday night and relaxed with the parents for a little before going to bed to find the sweetest congratulations present for getting into nursing school. My mom is one of THE most thoughtful people I know


Friday morning I was woken up by my mom so we could go get our nails done! It is always the best feeling to be treated to a manicure pedicure, especially when your feet feel and look disgusting. After our nails, mom and I went to pick up my dad to go eat lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, The Big Ketch, it has awesome seafood and we enjoyed some amazing hummus! The rest of the day I was able to relax and enjoy the day to read my book and catch up on some MUCH needed sleep! That night I hung one of my best friends, Mary Catherine, and it was so awesome to just hang out with her like we were back in high school. People considered us one person in high school because we were never apart. I miss those days so much of getting to see her every day, but because we are separated now it makes it that much more special to visit her and spend time with her!

Saturday was the day I had been waiting for all weekend. A trip to the Lake. The lake is hands down one of my favorite places to go. I love to relax on the boat, go for a long cruise, ski, wakeboard, or anything as long as I'm on the lake. I woke up a little disappointed because it was cloudy, but God knew how much  and how long I was looking forward to this lake trip and around 1 o clock the clouds broke and it turned into a beautiful day so we headed up to the boat. The day was PERFECT. We took a long cruise to a very beautiful cove and just anchored there for a little to enjoy the sun. I took some awesome pictures and on the way back some awesome pictures of the clouds, where I know Jesus was talking to me and showing me his presence...and I think everyone will be able to see what I am talking about in these pictures

MyMom (amazing, loving, nurturing, and best friend)  and I

 My Dad (my best friend, role model, and #1 supporter) and Me
 The BEST parents anyone could as for!
 Beauty.
Pure Bliss. 

Saturday night I also had the blessing of being able to hang out with some of my best friends from camp, which was so needed and so fun. I do not think I stopped laughing for a solid 2 hours.

Sunday- the best day of the weekend- EASTER. HE IS RISEN. The day I am able to be thankful that God's only son would die for the the freedom and forgiveness of sins of people he did not even know. To me, the whole idea of Easter is so refreshing and uplifting. It is a time that I can have a new beginning and be able to remind myself that Christ is the only one living in me. This morning my alarm went off at 5 am {keep in mind that is 4 am Tuscaloosa time}. But for some reason I was able to hop out of bed and get ready to go to church at 6:30 am  {which dad insisted we leave BY 6}. It was a little chilly and very dark at first, but the service was AWESOME. The altar was beautiful and ready to celebrate Jesus chirist rising from the dead. While I was not looking forward to waking up so early, I am so thankful I did and was able to start my day off right.

We came home and I went straight back to bed and when I woke up our family friends the Brunnstads came over to join us in our Easter celebration. Along with Savannnah, who came over for a little bit, which was such a special treat! Here are some pictures from our fun celebration of the risen King!
 Me and Dad at about 6:15.. SO early!
 The Beautiful Altar
 My precious family [minus Jay :((]
 I found my easter basket!!
and so did dad...he obviously works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment