Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Dream Come True!

Around the time of my sophomore year, I decided that I wanted to pursue a career in the nursing field because I wanted to be just like my grandma who was an ER nurse and then retired as an elementary school nurse. When she passed away she knew I wanted to be a nurse and I still want to fulfill my dreams in her memory. Little did I know all the colleges I had started to look at did not have nursing programs so I began to look elsewhere. The minute I visited Alabama I fell in love and knew thats where I wanted to go and become a nurse! The crimson scrubs were AWESOME!!! 


For those of who you might not know me too well I am very OCD, a hard worker, and you could add in there a perfectionist. So to say the least, for the past two years I have worked VERY hard to achieve my goal of getting into nursing school in the summer so I could help my parents out and graduate in four years. Well the time came around February to apply to the nursing school. My dream was about to become real.


The day FINALLY came when the acceptance letters were mailed out. It was a GORGEOUS saturday  morning, the morning of the A day game, and me and my friends were literally just sitting by the mailbox. We began to hear about other people already getting their letters, and I was so antsy I called the post office telling them I had important mail and wanted to make sure it would get delivered. Finally, I decided it was in our best interest to leave and go to the game and other festivities of the day and when we came back the mail would be there. 


Around 6:15 pm on April 16, 2009. My friends and I walked home from dinner and I was a little behind the front crowd to find my roommate jumping up and down screaming, so I came behind to open my letter to see the amazing letter telling me of my acceptance. I have never felt so accomplished in my whole life. The phone calls began and I'm pretty sure everyone could hear the excitement in my voice. I'm pretty sure the smile did not leave face until I went to bed that night!
Here are some pictures of me and natalie after opening our letters:
Natalie and I with our acceptance letters!

The exciting opening line telling me I have been promoted to the upper division!

With this dream coming true, I had to say no to another dream of working at  Camp, which I have attended since I was 6 years old. I have never had a summer without camp so this will be new to me and I will obviously be visiting when I have a free weekend because Camp is who I am and where so many of my best friends are!! I have been having a really hard time the past couple of days accepting the fact that I wont be at camp, but I keep reminding myself that I have to trust in the lord that this is His plan for me and it is what is best for me! 

Cant wait to see the fun adventures this summer brings and cant wait to finally have my own pair of crimson scrubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment