Thursday, May 5, 2011

Humpday Helpers!

As many of you might have expected my next blog would have been about the terrible tornado that destroyed Tuscaloosa, but honestly it has been a big blur to me and still does not feel like its real. I was as horrible as pictures make it look but I am so blessed that my friends are ok, and it really has been so cool to see the community come together in efforts to restore the town and help out the people who literally have nothing. It is so sad to see this town destroyed, but the Lord has made himself so present, which continually gives me hope that its all going to be ok!

As for my Humpday Helpers:

1. Prayer/Quiet time: honestly, I would not have been able to get through these past couple days without my quiet time and praying to be reassured that this is part of God's plan and that he has control of the whole thing. Because truthfully in the beginning I did not understand it at all.

2. Athens/ Cabin Visit: since school had been cancelled, some of my roommates and I left early thursday morning, and I went straight to athens. I was able to see some of my best friends from camp and surprise Mary Catherine, which gave me such joy in such a time of saddness. We then went to ryan's cabin in the north Georgia mountains where we got to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery! We even got to make a little stop at camp!
 Forever Young enjoying some good ole tramp time!
Me and Care Young after our boat ride

3. My wonderful Mother: We had to go back to Tuscaloosa because we did not know that exams were going to be cancelled so we only packed for the weekend. I asked my mom to send out an email asking for donations to take back to Ttown and I prayed so much about it, and God truly answered my prayers. We were overwhelmed with donations. It went so far that we had to rent a truck and my amazing mother was so sweet to drive us to school, clean our kitchen while natalie and I packed and then head back to atlanta. My mother truly is the most selfless women I know and is such a rockstar. I only hope I can be half the mom she has been to me.
 The overwhelming amount of donations!

traveling in style!

4. An extended summer: The tornado was one of the most devestating events I've ever been a part off, but looking at the positive side my 3 week summer was turned into a 4 week summer. I have been very upset about how little I will see my friends and I have been given the opportunity to see friends that I would not have otherwise been able to see, so I am very thankful for that!

5. Jay: I have not seen my older brother Jay since christmas break. I think this has officially been the longest I have gone without seeing him and I miss him so much. Thankfully I get to see him for a short amount of time this weekend, but he is also coming back next Thursday for our family trip to Italy and I get to spend two weeks and I could not be more excited. My brother is one of my biggest role models and I love him so much and feel so blessed to get spend 2 full weeks with him!
 Old School from my High School graduation
 From our ski trip in Park City - Christmas 2K10
Big brother teaching me how to shoot a gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment