Friday, March 11, 2011

Mommie/Daughter Day

This weekend is the beginning of my spring break and somehow Caroline Young, one of my best friends from camp/ my roommate freshmen year, convinced me that I had to come home so we could go to our friend Ryan's cabin on thursday night! Because I was convinced to come home then I decided to give myself some more time off and got the amazing pleasure of having a mother/daughter day.


Going to school out of state and being away from home so much I forgot the simple pleasure of just hanging out with a mom, who cares for me whether she wants to or not, listens to me complain about everything and anything, and just is there to take care of me when I come home from a really hard week of school. I got home and told my mom I needed some new clothes, so she did not let anything get in our way.We woke up early to make sure we could start our day off with a workout and then we were on a quick time frame to do as much shopping as possible (which for me is a good thing because I HATE shopping...I think I'm allergic). So naturally team Longosz divided and conquered and took care of business and my mom spoiled me some beautiful new clothes.


After a long couple of hours of shopping, I needed some food, so my selfless mother decides to go to our favorite restaurant, California Pizza Kitchen, where we sat at the counter and ordered our typical Barbecue Chicken Salad. But this time I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and try a new pizza so I tried the Greek pizza which was phenomenal! Heres something to make your tastes buds hungry:
After our awesome morning, Mom ran off with her friends and it was time for me to head to the mountains where me, Caroline Young, Ryan Johnson, Ethan Latty, and Matt Post all enjoyed a relaxing evening in the beautiful mountains where we got to go eat at Mishima, one of our favorite hibachi places to go to on our nights off during the summer. It made me want summer so bad! After enjoying everyone's company and talking about everything under the sun we went to bed and woke up so excited to go get a biscuit from LBg (Lake Burton Grocery), but to our dismay they were out of biscuits so we had to experiment and try something new. 

From breakfast, me and Caroline decided we wanted to go into camp and check it out, and it was the BEST decision we have made in a very long time. We got out of the car to see the beauty of the waterfront:
Since the day was so beautiful we could not resist going and just laying on the floating dock and laying there and reminiscing on our past 13 years at camp, 6 of them which have been together.

  

We could not come close to even capturing half of the memories, but it sure did make us so sad to think most of our friends would not be going back to camp, myself included. It was a very bittersweet time!While laying on the dock the weather could not have been prettier and I could not have felt the presence of the Lord more than when me and care were just lying there talking about all the amazing memories the Lord had put in our life, especially all the memories we shared together. It was awesome to think back to when we were first campers together and remember quickly becoming best friends!We started to make ourselves way too sad so we decided before we left we could not leave without some  awesome self timer photos...which turned out to be better than we thought!
Lastly, we were on the way out and decided we MUST take a pictures of the gates. For us camp people the gates are very symbolic because they are the filter of all the bad things from the real world to only the amazing parts of camp! After we were done taking more self timer photos we were greeted by our amazing boss, Andrew Thomason, who we talked to for a little and we got to enjoy his amazing bear hugs that make you feel so special and loved. Unfortunately, for me I got a little emotional because he brought up me most likely not coming back this summer, and it made me realize all the amazing times I was giving up to persue my dream of becoming a nurse!




No comments:

Post a Comment