Wednesday, March 9, 2011

High Up in the Mountain Tops

For my first blog post I figured I would explain the thought behind the title of my blog! These words come from the some called High Harbour, which was written about the summer camp I have gone to since I was six years old.


To me Camp High Harbour is the BEST place on earth! It has turned me into the person I am today by teaching me the values to always seize the day, if its to be then it is up to me to make sure it happens and I cannot depend on anyone else, and one of my favorite lessons is the 5-finger prayer that says " God will never leave me"


I have been a watersports counselor for the past 4 summers and been so blessed to change so many kids lives and watch them express who they truly are. One of the best parts of camp is that everyone there is 110% themselves. There is no pressure to be somebody that you are not and everyone can go crazy singing songs and just having so much doing different activities while incorporating the Lord in everything we do! I love sharing the awesomeness of the Lord with my 12-14 year old campers and to see them learn a little more about his awesomeness!


Lastly, the best thing camp has given me is my some of my best friends! There is a big group of guys and girls that  have been best friends for the past 5 years. I am blessed that we are all so good about keeping in touch and getting together every time we are home from college. I thank God everyday for these people because they always support me in everything I do and are there for me in every situation of need. I am blessed to have best friends that share the same faith as me and to be able to talk openly about our creator!!


Here are some pictures to try and capture the awesomeness of camp!!


The Beautiful Waterfront 

Only Some of the Best Friends I Could Ask for!

My Crazy WaterSports Family!
Margaret, Me, Kelley, Caroline, and Katherine just dressing up crazy like any normal friday night!

God being present at a 6:30 am morning ski!



No comments:

Post a Comment