Friday, March 25, 2011

The Light of the World

A week after being home from spring break I am finally able to sit down and blog about it! First and foremost, I have to say it was the most needed break I could have asked for. I knew I had been stressing with school and the craziness of life but I did not realize I had forgotten what it felt like to be completely relaxed and I LOVED every minute of it!


Me and 11 of my best girl friends were blessed with the opportunity to go to Debordieu, SC and stay in one of Natalie's family friends GORGEOUS beach house. Me, Carolyne Dennis, Meredith Sellers, and Caroline Young hit the road early saturday morning because we were so excited to finally get to beach which we had been counting down for for about a month! We arrived in the late afternoon and were greeted by our friends already there and Mrs. Harrision. Mrs. Harrison was an angel to all of us. She let us stay in her beach house, filled the fridge and pantry with food, as well as took us to a beautiful dinner at the beach club. It was a perfect opportunity to dress up and take lots of fun pics! 
Some of the girls before dinner
The least we could do was give Mrs. Harrison a small little gift

Everyone at the dinner Club

If I had all the time in the world and if it would not bore everyone I could easily go through a play by play of everyday, but I'm not going to. One of my favorite parts of everyday was to wake up every morning with the sunshine beaming and go out onto one of the 5 screened in porches and have my quiet time. I felt like the Lord was shining his light onto me during that time and it was awesome because some times me and a friend would have our quiet time together!

 Every day consisted pretty much of waking up and eating breakfast and then going to the beach where we were all beach bums literally all day with a break to come in for lunch. It was so fun to go onto the beach and enjoy everyone's company along with the beautiful scenery! This trip was definitely a reading trip for everyone as well. I could not tell you the last time I read a book for pleasure, but it was awesome. I read the book Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, and I HIGHLY recommend it to every girl out there it was one of the best books I've ever read! Once we came in off the beach we would typically snack a little, maybe go for a bike ride, or everyone would pick a spot and continue reading their book. We would all eat dinner and then typically sit around and talk for hours. Some nights got deeper than others but they are all awesome and it was so great to be able to get on a deeper level with so many girls 

On Tuesday we changed up our daily schedule a little bit and went to Charleston. It was a very fun day to walk through the beautiful city of Charleston and buy not needed clothes and jewelry! We walked all along King street and through the markets to find many little stands of straw baskets that were being weaved right in front of us. We walked for a really long time to go to the one restaurant that Caroline Young had recently gone to and she would not stop talking about it. After what felt like walking for miles we finally found the restaurant and got half priced hamburgers. It was Awesome!!

Sunsets and Sunrises are one of my favorite things in the entire world, as well I always feel like it is the Lord showing his beauty. Naturally, on our way home from charleston, the sunset was priceless so we had to stop in the middle of the neighborhood and take a few photos 

Me and Caroline Young taking in the beautiful sunset

Lastly, on the last day Caroline Young insisted we get dressed up and take pictures on the beach, which I could not be more thankful for the pictures were adorable and I love them so much and they only help me try to remember all of the amazing memories from the week


Me and Natalie being our crazy selves

 Me and Jenna
 Carolyne Dennis, Rachel Canon, and Me taking our signature picture
Brittany Becker, Caroline Young, and Jenna Wilkins
The Crew that stayed the whole week!

I can truly say this trip was one of the biggest blessings in my life and being back at school I still think about it daily. It was such a special gift to have caroline young join us again because she is soo soo missed at Alabama, but we know she is a happy bulldog! I hope I could give you a taste of this amazing spring break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment